Tuesday 22 January 2013

Dissertation!

Well this blog isn't quite about property and interiors in the usual sense, this is all about my husband Tom's dissertation.  He is focusing on timber frame eco/green self builds and needs some very nice people to answer some questions.  Whether they are in the business or have built their own houses I don't think it matters, but the more info he can gather the better!

So I'm trying to help. I've just been bombarding people on Twitter asking if they know of anyone that would be happy to answer questions, so thought I'd just summarise here what exactly it is that he wants so that I can point all you helpful people here:

Aim: To assess why people in Britain choose to build using timber frame for a green/sustainable/eco self build

Sub questions:

What are the positives and negatives for building in timber frame?

Why do people choose to self build?

Why do people choose to build eco/green houses?

If anyone has any info that they think might help, please email tpw1blt@bolton.ac.uk 

Thanks all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment